Couples therapy helps resolve forms of distress in a relationship between two people. By moving gradually toward mutual acceptance and understanding, your relationship can use strategies built to fulfill each partner. With trust, a healthier attitude, and reflection, you may find a deeper level of love and commitment.
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."- Mignon Mclaughlin -
Your relationship can provide the energy, support, and enthusiasm needed to feel happy and optimistic. Here are signs that counseling may be right for your relationship:
- You feel like you are living separate lives.
- The same arguments appear repeatedly.
- Sex is almost non-existent, or it is unpleasant for one or both partners.
- Someone is cheating or having an affair.
- The family finances are hidden from one another (”financial infidelity”).
- Your partner is now “the enemy.”
- Intimacy is withheld as a form of punishment.
- Problems are ignored, with one or both partners unwilling to resolve them.
- The relationship feels like it is more difficult than it should be to maintain.
- There is an ongoing feeling of disinterest and dislike between the partners.
Please call or email if you would like to talk.